LAWYERS | Personal Injury | Michael Vogel
- 2009, Alberta
- LL.B., University of Windsor
- International Business Law Certificate, Queen’s University – International Study Centre
- B.Comm. Honours, McMaster University
- Caitlyn Kruse
- Christine Houston
Mike Vogel represents clients in personal injury matters. Mike is a strong advocate for his clients’ interests; he has earned a reputation for creating successful negotiation and settlement strategies and he has built an especially busy practice where he represents clients in complex legal disputes.
In addition to representing clients in Mediation and Judicial Dispute Resolution hearings, Mike has successfully advocated on his clients’ behalf in all levels of the Alberta Courts, including the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Appeal.
Mike recently won several contentious cases in the Alberta Courts. In April 2014, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta awarded Mike’s client significant damages in his claim against a major grocery store where he slipped and fell on an unclean floor, tearing his rotator cuff. Also in 2014, Mike won a major litigation dispute involving a real estate deal that saw an elderly individual enter into an agreement to his house for well below market value. In arguing that the sale was invalid, our client was able to maintain his home.
After earning his Bachelor of Commerce degree from McMaster University in Hamilton and graduating with Honours, Mike completed law school at the University of Windsor in 2008. He returned to Calgary to practice law with his father, Victor Vogel, Q.C. and the rest of the team at Vogel LLP.
Mike is a leader in the Calgary legal profession, having volunteered on the executive of the Young Lawyers Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association’s Southern Alberta Branch. He has served as a director of the Learning Disabilities Association and organizes our firm’s participation in fundraising and community events throughout the year.
- Member of The Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Calgary Bar Association
- Swagar v Loblaws Inc. (The Real Canadian Superstore), 2014 ABQB 58
- Elbow River Marketing Limited Partnership v. Canada Clean Fuels Inc., 2012 ABCA 328
- Elbow River Marketing Limited Partnership v. Canada Clean Fuels Inc., 2012 ABQB 277
- Elbow River Marketing v. Canada Clean Fuels Inc., 2011 ABCA 258
- Elbow River Marketing Limited Partnership v. Canada Clean Fuels Inc., 2011 ABQB 321
- Willard v. Mitchell, 2010 BCSC 1438
“Mike Vogel is truly a professional in his field. I felt confident in his abilities, his vast knowledge and expertise with my case. Mike and his team made sure the lines of communication were always open, not once did I feel ignored or that I had to keep calling in just to find out where things stood with my particular case. I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome. Mike Vogel was the right choice.”
“From start to finish, I was very well looked after by Mike Vogel in my personal injury claim. He not only listened but heard my concerns, and was able to answer any questions promptly and professionally with regard to my well being. The outcome was more than satisfactory and I would not hesitate to refer anyone to him and his colleagues.”