LAWYERS | Personal Injury | Johnny Pak
- 2005, Alberta
- 2009, Northwest Territories
- LLB, University of Alberta
- BComm with Distinction – International Business Finance, University of Alberta
- Exchange Student, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Advanced Korean Language Program, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Toni Wietgrefe
Johnny Pak is an experienced litigator having appeared before all levels of courts in the province of Alberta. His focus is on serious and catastrophic injury litigation (including motor vehicle accidents), professional malpractice, and insurance and risk management.
Johnny’s significant injury litigation experience includes claims for fatality, brain injury, spinal cord injury, fractures, chronic pain, psychological injury, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, and related disability. Prior to commencing his plaintiff-side practice, Johnny previously represented insurers in respect of both first and third party insurance claims. His unique background and insight into the insurance industry serves his clients well. Johnny uses his extensive experience acting both for and against insurers to assist plaintiffs successfully advance their claims to resolution or trial.
In addition to his injury and insurance related experience, Johnny articled and previously practiced at a national/international law firm. In this regard, he acted as counsel for a variety of clientele including national and multinational corporations in a wide range of contractual and commercial disputes.
Johnny currently sits on the Executive of the Canadian Bar Association’s Personal Injury Subsection. He has taught and evaluated oral advocacy for the Alberta Bar Admission Program (CPLED) for several years. He has also lectured or presented in numerous areas of the law before various groups.
The Gangwon provincial government in South Korea has formally appointed Johnny as an International Trade and Relations Advisor. Gangwon province will be host for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Canadian Bar Association – Personal Injury Subsection
- Instructor for Alberta Bar Admission Program (CPLED) – Oral Advocacy
- Instructor for University of Calgary, Faculty of Law – Trial Advocacy Course
- International Trade and Relations Advisor to Gangwon Province, South Korea
- Past Executive of the Canadian Bar Association – Civil Litigation Subsection
- Past Executive of the Canadian Bar Association – Junior Lawyers Subsection
- Former Advising Lawyer for Calgary legal Guidance
- Former Advising Lawyer for Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Past Director of Student Legal Services of Edmonton
- Past Director, Canadian Centre for Male Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
- North Star Ford Sales (Calgary) Inc v Tifferelle Holdings Ltd, 2013 ABQB 412
- Southland Transportation Ltd. v. Calgary (City), 2008 ABCA 321
- Imperial Oil Resources Ltd. v. 826167 Alberta Inc., 2007 ABCA 131
- Outdoor pursuits
“I was very pleased with Mr. Pak and his services and if I ever have the need of legal services again I would contact Mr. Pak to ask him to recommend a lawyer to use if he himself wasn’t able to help me. He was honest and upfront with me and he truly cares about his clients. He always conducted himself professionally but always made me feel comfortable to talk to him. And he made me feel like if I had any questions I could come to him with them.” – E.S.
“Johnny and his team are professional, honest, and care about their clients. He makes time for his clients to ensure they understand the case and always communicates in a timely manner. I was very happy to have Johnny advocating on my behalf and thankful for all of his support during this difficult time.” – A.H.