LAWYERS | Family Law | Andy Hayher
Andy Hayher practices in the family law group at Vogel LLP as both a lawyer and a mediator. He has appeared successfully before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Appeal and has been involved in Applications for Leave to Appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Andy is involved in a diverse array of community activities and organizations.
On the professional side, Andy is a legal commentator on 106.7 Calgary’s RedFM on legal issues of interest to the South Asian community. He is also a member of the International Bar Association (IBA) and is one of the few family lawyers in Calgary to be involved in the organization. His membership in the IBA is especially useful in family disputes involving abductions, custody, spousal support or visitation rights outside of Canada. He is also on a roster of lawyers offering pro-bono legal services to athletes who are dealing with the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada which is the body that handles disputes at the national sports level. Andy also volunteers with PCHS Calgary and helps organize the annual SEVA Charity Golf Classic in support of the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation & the Guru Nanak Dev Ji Eye Clinic.
When he isn’t practicing law or volunteering, Andy spends time with his young family, follows sports and travels.
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Buchner v Long, 2017 ABCA 382
- TNR (TNM) v. W.P.R., 2017 CanLII 20386 (SCC)
- SK v MK, 2017 ABQB 249
- SK v MK, 2016 ABCA 341
- TNR v WPR, 2016 ABCA 322
- Kansal v Bhardwaj, 2016 ABQB 262
- Anand v Anand, 2016 ABCA 23
- Anand v Anand, 2015 ABCA 64
“Andy was confident and knowledgeable about my case and the law. He merged the knowledge to represent me in a way that I felt cared about and protected. I would recommend him to anyone.” – C.S.
- Grandparent Access – Two Approaches
- Am I Common Law in Canada?
- Absconding & Forum Shopping
- Judicial Interviews in Custody Cases
- If Only He Had Been Nice to Fluffy
- Income Disparity & Child Support
- Court Says No to Nasty Behaviour
- When Does a ‘Marriage-Like’ Relationship Begin
- $1 Million To Level The Playing Field
- She Said She Was On The Pill
- Grandkids & Access
- Dowry Dispute