LAWYERS | Personal Injury, Family Law, Mediation, Arbitration | Aida Rafie
Aida Rafie practices family law and personal injury law with Vogel LLP. She represents her clients’ interests in a variety of dispute resolution settings, including courtroom litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Aida’s family law practice includes representing clients at trial and in mediation regarding issues such as separation, custody and divorce. She has also developed a specialized interest in family law issues such as adoption, guardianship, and the execution of unjust enrichment as it applies to common-law spouses.
Access to justice, leadership and a commitment to continuous learning are values that Aida brings to her practice every day. She volunteers with the Alberta Lawyers Assistance Society, Pro Bono Law Alberta and the Student Legal Assistance program at the University of Calgary on a regular basis. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the Children’s Legal & Educational Resource Centre (CLERC) where she is also a member of the Artful Bench & Bar Planning Committee. In addition, Aida has led panel discussions and presentations on family law at the University of Calgary Faculty of Law and serves as a teaching practitioner for the Alberta Bar Admission program (CPLED).
Aida joined Vogel LLP as a summer student in 2011 and articled with the firm in 2012. She regularly attends seminars and courses with the Legal Education Society of Alberta to keep up to date with developments in family law. In her spare time, she plays volleyball and enjoys running, hiking and yoga.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association – Southern Alberta Branch
- Member, Canadian Bar Association – Young Lawyers Subsection
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Director, Board of Directors for Children’s Legal & Educational Resource Centre
- Committee Member, Assist Communications Committee
- Sub-Committee Co-Chair, 2017 ACTLA Women’s Legal Forum
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Alberta, Assist, and Legal Education Society of Alberta
- Advising Lawyer, Student Legal Assistance – University of Calgary Faculty of Law
- Mentor, Student Legal Assistance Mentor Program
- Connector, Canadian Bar Association Connector Program
- Past Training Practitioner, CPLED – Bar Admission Course for the Law Society of Alberta
- Past Member, Organizing Committee for the 2016 Alberta Law Conference
- Running and Yoga
- Rugby and Volleyball
“The professionalism and care provided by Aida Rafie and her team, was exceptional from the beginning and even up until a year after closing.” – B.P.
“After being represented by Aida for seven months, I can honestly say she was extremely dedicated to my situation. She took the time to thoroughly explain her strategy every step of the way. She was very communicative, and never left me hanging when I had a question or concern. Phone/email/text/evenings/weekends – whatever it took. I always felt that Aida had my best interests at heart, and worked hard to ensure I was protected both short and long term. She is very knowledgeable of the law, always thinks one step ahead, and leaves no rock unturned.” – C.T.
- What’s in a Name?
- Adoption – Dispensing with Consent
- Red Deer Justice Centre – Assisting Alberta’s Justice Needs
- Baby Daddy Denied… Again
- The Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP) Increase in Fee
- Holidays & Divorce – The Best Gift Any Parent Can Provide
- Marriage Fraud: Beauty and the Beast
- Abandonment in the Woods – Child Discipline Gone Wrong
- Alberta’s Maintenance Enforcement Program FYIs: Child Status Reviews and Section 7 Expenses
- The Court’s Discretion – Advance/Interim Costs
- Agricultural Assets – The Farm Divorce